Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Diary of a sick, pregnant woman

Last Sunday I hit the 36th mark which means in roughly four more days Preston will be full term and could make his appearance at any time. GiGi and Papa Rod (Brandon's parents) are throwing a luncheon for him this weekend -- Sunday actually. Should I be traveling five hours away this late in the game? Probably not... But it's my last road trip before P makes his debut. After this weekend, I'm getting into major baby preparation mode. I need to unpack and wash baby clothes and set up a toddler bed for Jackson. On the very top of the list, I need to pack our hospital bags. I can't believe we're already nearing the end of this pregnancy. It seems like just a couple months ago I was reading a positive pregnancy test (again -- after a SLEW of negatives the week before). Time flies when you have a little one and I can't even imagine how much faster paced life is going to seem over here in a few weeks(?). I'm placing my bets that P-day will be on March 12th though the 10th is also calling my name. We shall see. It's all very exciting. I just wish I were feeling better. Jackson and I are sick and it's been the pits. After so much productivity and nesting (we spent the weekend out in the yard doing major and much needed landscaping and residing of the Florida room with the help of Brandon's parents), it feels strange to just be still and rest. I know I need it and need to be well but I can't help but want to do SOMETHING! Jackson's cuddled up to my chest, sniffling and being a little sweetie. It breaks my heart when he doesn't feel well. Today, we were taking it easy on the couch and he started hugging and kissing my belly and saying, "Baby!". Preston was wiggling around while his big brother loved on him from the outside world. It was one of the sweetest moments that I've ever experienced. I could feel their love for one another and I can only imagine how much stronger that bond will become over the years. I know there will be wrestling and fighting as well but there will also be these intermittent heart-melting moments that will make the broken lamps and windows and arms (hopefully not) all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment