Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Little hands

We have been so blessed to have the family and friends that we do in our life. Jackson has been received with an unbelievable amount of love since the day he was born and the love just continues to grow. It is truly amazing.
After we celebrated his birthday, four different ways, we had quite a few thank you cards to send to all of the wonderful loved ones who helped us celebrate. I thought of a cute way to incorporate his handprint as a personal touch from Jackson himself. They turned out pretty adorable and our family members were really happy to get a little love from Jackson right back via their mailbox. I know "snail mail" is quickly losing popularity but I feel that there is nothing more charming than placing a thank you card in the mail... except maybe when there is an adorable little guy's handprint on said thank you card.

If you're interested in trying this for yourself here's a step-by-step guide at how to make your very own personalized handprint thank you cards with your little ones:

First, pick your paint color and stationary. I found multi-colored blank stationary at Wal-Mart for four jelly beans.


Then, using a paint brush, paint your sprout's hand or foot -- whichever you're feeling -- and press down on the paper. Make sure to press those fingers and toes too for the best print. Jackson loves the feeling of paint on his hand and giggles when the brush touches him.




Allow to dry for ten minutes or so. It's ok if the print's not perfect. I think it adds to the card's childlike charm. After the paint has dried -- you're ready to write. I used a black Sharpie and wrote for Jackson -- he's only one!! I was very happy with how they turned out.


These have me inspired for some thumbprint holiday cards I saw on Pinterest. Have you made any handprint or footprint crafts lately? I think they make the cutest gifts and keepsakes. We're working on a couple for Christmas. I will be sure to post as soon as we're done. Happy living, everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment