Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Ti-i-i-ime is on my side, yes it is.


It is utterly amazing the amount of things I can get done with this new "no sock left behind" mindset in an hour or less... And my house is looking... dare I say it? Neat. Brandon and I are also crossing to-do's off of our list like it's our job. Productivity feels good. I have to say that for a while taking care of a home rather than an apartment was really overwhelming and intimidating to me but I'm getting into the swing of things and Jackson is playing on his own for periods of time which allows me to be able to do much more. Cleaning/straightening/crafting is much more difficult and time-consuming when you only have one free hand and a precious little guy on your hip. Though, I will say motherhood has a special way of lighting a little jet fuel pack under your butt. I think I just combined two metaphors. Like Milli Vanilli once lip-synched, "Blame It on the Rain"... or the pregnancy brain. I remember before Jackson, it used to take me at least an hour to get dressed everyday -- when I was in a rush for work or school, I could swing it in 45 minutes but these days a good ten to fifteen is all I need and I'm not talking about just throwing on sweats. This is including applying a bit of make-up and taming my coif... if I'm straightening my hair (which I rarely do) that takes a bit longer. Thank you motherhood for improving my sloth-like ways. I know Brandon thanks you too. How are you making your time count? I'd love to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment